Is Your Home Free of Hazardous Pods?
I quickly ran to the laundry room, grabbed the detergent cap and took a SIP!
What you say!?! Yes, I just had to know what my Toddler had possibly just ingested!
I made the terrible mistake of not putting the cap back on the bottle of Laundry Detergent after filling my washer. I left it sitting out on the counter where with just the little tip of his toes he could reach up and grab it..WHICH HE DID..and put the cap to his lips!
I walked in the room to see the lid just an inch from his lips, he looked at me and said “Mmmm“. YIKES!
For some CRAZY MOM REASON my first instinct was to also put my lips to the cap so I would know what he was feeling if in fact he did ingest any laundry detergent.
My mouth immediately began to feel warm and numb especially my upper lip and tongue. My anxiety got the best of me and I felt nauseous and calledPOISON CONTROL ASAP!
Thankfully if he did ingest any detergent, he did not ingest enough to cause any harm to him – Thank Goodness!
I haven’t used detergent since. The thought of even having something in our home that toxic that he could possibly get into and ingest gives me the heebeejeebees so we decided to just DITCH IT all!
Did you know? Since 2012 there have been 32,000 calls to Poison Control from children ingesting laundry detergent? Most commonly from the pod like packages!
I was part of this statistic!
These packages are often very colorful and resemble candy and the young intriguing mind of a child is curious to know what that yummy looking candy tastes like.
Urgent calls such as this are happening EVERY HOUR and at least once a day a child is hospitalized because they ingested laundry detergent.
Children in comas and having seizures are the most seriousness of complications!
A study, conducted by researchers at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, found 769 children in the U.S. were hospitalized and one child died after ingesting a laundry detergent pod.
This is is happening far too often and I am so happy that I am part of a company that has such a phenomenal product that has allowed me to say goodbye to accidental poisonings, harmful toxins, and the use of dozens of plastic containers per year!
The SmartKlean Laundry Ball is so EASY and SAFE to use, and my young son is even helping me with the laundry and I have no worries about his safety.
Accidental Poisonings from Laundry Detergents is very serious and can be LIFE THREATENING! Here are some symptoms that can occur:
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe eye burns and irritation
- Temporary vision loss
- Excessive vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
I would hate for my children to suffer these symptoms – Not worth the risk!
Its safer to just DITCH them than to try to keep them out of your child’s reach by locking anything harmful away.
Kids ALWAYS find a way!
The stress of always thinking in the back of my mind “what if he breaks into the cupboard” …is eliminated and I sleep better at night knowing that my kids are safer in their own home.
What is up with these Pods anyways? Are they a fad? Are they convenient?
Consumers LOVE to buy cleaning products that they perceive to be convenient and this is a something that drives sales in the the home cleaning products industry.
This is why laundry pods have become one of the most popular products on the market since they were first introduced in 2010.
Is Convenient really better?
Lets not sacrifice safety and our families well being for convenience.
Stay away from Mainstream and Commercial Products and get back to basics with your washing routine.
HECK – Get back to nature and embrace the Earth’s natural components like minerals, water and sun to brighten your laundry routine.
Check out this very informative INFOGRAPHIC that was created by SafeKids.org
SmartKlean is Completely FREE of Harmful Chemicals and DETERGENTS – Makes Perfect Sense!
Join the Laundry Revolution Today!
Happy and Safe Washing!
Entry filed under: Health Hazards, Natural Cleaning, Smart Laundry Tips, SmartKlean News. Tags: dangers of detergent pods, detergent pods safety, detergent poison control, ditchthedetergents, green laundry, laundry detergents safety, new ways of washing laundry, pod safety, risk free laundry, risk free laundry detergents, safe detergent pods, safe laundry products for kids, safe laundry tips, toddler detergents.