The Best DIY Dish Soap (Removes Tough Grease)
We’ve tried many different recipes for dish soap, and they’re either too watery, too soapy or they leave too much of a residue. But, just like Goldilocks, we’ve finally found one that’s just right!
2 cups water
1/4 cup of non-scented Dr. Bronners Castile Soap
1/4 cup grated castile soap
30 Drops of Lavender essential oil (make sure to handle with care, these are quite potent!)
2 teaspoons of Super Washing Soda (Arm and Hammer)
1 teaspoon non-GMO vegetable glycerin
NOTE: Remember, the ingredients and materials used for this recipe can serve for many other DIY cleaner recipes!😉
1. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Add the soap flakes and stir to dissolve.
3. Add the castile soap, washing soda, glycerin, and essential oil.
4. Stir well, making sure everything is dissolved.
5.Carefully pour into a bottle with a spout or pump.
6. It needs to set for about 24 hours.
Why make your own cleaning products?
1. It’s good for your health! Many cleaning product manufacturers, and yes even the green ones, use preservatives and ‘foaming’ agents such as SLS and SLES. Over a long period of use, these toxins can accumulate in your body and get stored in your cells.
2. It’s good for the environment. No more plastic jugs going into recycling or landfill. No more harmful chemicals going down our drains and into the water supply. Many municipal water filtration systems are not designed to remove all types of chemicals. This causes them to end up back in our own water supply! Whatever we put down the drain will come back in one way or another.
3. It’s cost effective! Making your own cleaners can save money in the long run specially if you make large batches.
Entry filed under: Home and Health, Natural Cleaning. Tags: best DIY dish soap, best grease fithting natural dish soap, DIY dish soap for grease, diy dish soap that cuts grease, natural homemade dish soap.